First update in quite some time, sorry for the delay. We have plenty of news and most of it is good.
Let’s start with the best news: the keezer is holding strong and is working perfectly!
2nd best news: we finally built our temperature controlled fermentation chamber and it is also working perfectly.
As for our brewing of Russian Roulette, we had plenty of snags that day, but hours later after failed attempts to get our new burner to work properly (user error, whoops), we were able to use a back up and get our brew finished! We used too much water in the boil (accounted for more evaporation, but we didn’t experience the amount that we expected due to the frigid temperatures) so both our IBU’s and OG were slightly off. However, we still feel confident that we will have a tasty brew ready in a few weeks!
PS – 14 oz of hops, even in a 6 gallon batch, is enough to kick you right in the teeth. So no worries!